I’m thrilled to be able to announce a fantastic contest in association with Illamasqua and Muse makeup academy.
I left a little clue in the teaser post yesterday and a couple of you did guess what the aim of this contest is going to be…
For the Art Of Darkness collection, Alex Box created a cast of 13 characters for a dark faerie banquet… We want you to create a 14th guest for this feast. Let your imagination run wild, and tell us all about the character you have created, and the inspiration behind the look…
For example, one of my favourite characters created by Alex Box for the AoD collection is Androgyny – “Elusive, ethereal and unforgettable, the beauty of androgyny transcends the limitations of gender. This is a being for whom labels do not apply. Androgyny assumes whatever role takes its fancy and refuses to conform”
So create your own 14th character and tell us about them!
NB – Your creation is a makeup creation – you do NOT have to create a costume etc. You can if you want to, but the makeup is the thing we will be judging, not the costume etc.
For this contest there will be two ways to enter – you can either enter via a blog post/ email here at MizzWorthy, or you can enter by creating a video which is a maximum of five minutes long and leaving this as a response to the video on the MUSE youtube channel… For full details of how to enter, see the T&C’s below.
As always, the winners will be chosen by the fabulous Alex Box!
The prizes for this contest are the biggest and best yet – there will be a blog/email entry winner and a video entry winner.
Each winner will recieve the entire Art of Darkness collection from Illamasqua (value approx £350).
Each winner will also recieve a place on MUSE’s “Catwalk Trends Makeup Bootcamp“;
“An introduction to the hottest looks currently seen on the catwalk. A weekend of fun.”
This course has a value of £295 – From Dior to Prada, you’ ve seen the trends, now learn the Make Up! This short, intensive 2 DAY course pushes the boundaries. Master the hottest looks currently seen on the catwalk.”
(Dates: Sat 6th & Sun 7th November 2010, Sat 4th & Sun 5th February 2011, Sat 2nd & Sun 3rd April 2011)
To find out more about this, and all the other courses which MUSE run, check out their website HERE.
The MUSE youtube video to which you can leave responses is going live on their channel at 18.00 (UK time) tonight (16.09.10)
This is, I’m sure you will agree, a fantastic prize, and well worth winning.
Entries via blog post/email can be made in the usual manner to me – either leave a comment below, or email me your entry.
As usual, you MUST be a follower to the Blog, if you are entering via MizzWorthy, and you MUST Subscribe to the MUSE YT channel if you are entering via video!
For full list of terms annd conditions and full details of how to enter please carefully read “the rules” below – we hav tried to anticipate all questions below…
- To launch the Art of Darkness collection Alex Box created an amazing set of 13 characters for a faerie banquet. The aim of this contest is to create a final 14th character. Let your imagination run wild and play in the shadows to create your own guest for this very special banquet
- Illamasqua has joined forces with myself and the fabulous LONDON MUSE, THE school of make up, to provide two spectacular prizes which reflect the challenge posed! There will be two ways to enter the contest – via blog/email here on MizzWorthy, or by Video by leaving a response to the LONDON MUSE video announcing the competition (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLondonMuse).
- There will be two winners, each will win the entire Art of Darkness Collection (value £350) and a place on LONDON MUSE’ s popular weekend course on the Latest Catwalk Make Up Trends (Value £295).
- To enter in the form of a photograph/blog entry simply leave a comment below with a link to your post, or email me if you would prefer to enter by email or you want to enter but do not have a blog. Your entry must include a description of your character, the inspiration behind it and finally the look you have created. Any additional info such as how you created the look, products used etc can also be included. Please do not photoshop your entries.
- To enter by submitting a video, you must leave a video response to the LONDON MUSE youtube competition video (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLondonMuse), which must be a maximum of five minutes long. The video can either be presented as a make up tutorial or, as with blog/email entries, you can choose to tell us about your character, how you created it and show us the final look. Again, you can include further information if you would like to.
- The contest will run for one month from Thursday 16th September to Midnight (UK time) Sunday 17th October 2010. This is the final deadline, and due to the nature of this contest, cannot be extended.
- Entries via the blog will be acknowledged by return comment or email. If you do not receive an acknowledgment then please email me to ensure that I have received the entry.
- The winner will be announced by Wednesday 27th October 2010
- Entries by Video will be acknowledged by LONDON MUSE by email if, after submitting the youtube video, participants will email email@example.com to notify of their youtube video upload.
- You may use products/media from any range and brand to create your look. Products do not have to be purchased from Illamasqua.
- Blog entrants must be followers of the blog, and likewise video entrants must be subscribed to the LONDON MUSE channel (thelondonmuse) on youtube. Given the effort and planning that goes into these contests, as well as the prizes on offer, this is a reasonable request and it also helps entrants to be able to find out about who has won easily.
- Your entry MUST be an ORIGINAL COMPLETE LOOK of YOUR OWN CREATION – Past contests have seen entries in the form of a close up of an eye, or which appear to be taken from a student portfolio. Such entries will not be accepted as the prizes on offer this time are very desirable. This is a further reason for entrants being required to provide us with some supporting information about the character that they have created.
- Finalists will be announced as soon as possible after the deadline. The blog/email entries will be judged by myself and Alex Cummins who works for Illamasqua, while the Video finalists will be selected by Nicci Jackson and Antonia Confalone from LONDON MUSE.
- Alex Box will then make a final decision and select one winner from the blog/email entries and one winner from the video entries. Each winner will receive the entire Art of Darkness Collection (value approx £350) as well as a place on LONDON MUSE’ s Latest Catwalk Trends make up course (value £295).
- NB – The prize does NOT include accommodation or travel to the location of LONDON MUSE school in central London. The winner must cover their accommodation/travel costs to and from the location of the school.
- The contest is open internationally, and you may enter as many times as you like, each entry will be judged as an individual entry. You may enter the blog/email side, the video side, or both.
- Judges decision is final.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- Entries will, as always be judged on the creativity and inspiration behind th look you create as well as the ability shown with makeup – we want to encourage people of all levels and backgrounds to enter! The contest is meant to be fun!